All people deserve the chance to become politically informed, and this belief underlines all of my work on this subject.
Politics is my passion – and I achieved a First Class Honours in the subject from Durham University.
I believe that it is journalism’s job to provide clear and accessible information about politics and those who govern us to an audience.
Where you can find my political journalism
- Researcher at Sky News for Sophy Ridge on Sunday – collating facts, figures and context of political issues and creating concise briefs for the show’s host. Drafting questions for senior political figures.
- Sheffield City Council local elections coverage 2022 – I attended the overnight count, gained candidate contacts in swing seats, gained exclusive interviews and filed copy throughout the week and night of the count, reaction interviews the next day.
- ‘Mastering Politics’ column – Understanding the Myanmar Coup, David Cameron and Greensill, The Cabinet, What’s a Whip?, Local Councils, The English Education System, What’s Communism?, Who is Dominic Cummings?, What’s an MP?, What is the Government?, What’s a Bill?
- Staff Writer at Beep – Matt Hancock broke law over Covid contracts, US Election 2021: What’s going on?, Funding for disadvantaged North East pupils cut by £7m, 26 of 30 towns awarded government funding have Tory MPs, ‘Let the bodies pile high in their thousands’ – Boris Johnson?
- Contributor and General Editor at Backbench (Please note: these articles are no longer live on the site, and should you wish to read some of my pieces, I can provide them upon request).
- In Conversation with Alastair Campbell for Beep – watch here.
- Contributor at HuffPost – Why the House of Lords Shouldn’t be Abolished, But Reformed
My ‘Mastering Politics’ column is written for non-expert readers. I aim to explain concepts (like ‘what actually is the government?’ and ‘what’s a party whip?’) in simple, impartial ways. I created guides for each mainstream political party and economic system too.